There are lots of resources in Weber and Davis counties and surrounding areas! Here are a few of my favorites. Resources listed with an asterisk (*) are online resources.
There are so many amazing prenatal and childbirth educators in this area! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Birthsmarter with Ashley Brichter and Beth Hardy (in person and online classes available)
- Birth Boot Camp with Treasured Birth Services
- Bringing Baby Home with Utah Birth Support
- *Mama Natural Birth Class
- Chiropractic care with Young Chiropractic
- Prenatal massage with Joleen Cullens and students at The Healing Tree Massage
- Prenatal massage with Mindy Bigler
- Private birth instruction (as part of a doula package or a standalone)
From boudior to maternity photos to annual birthday photos, these local photographers can make you and/or your baby look incredible!
- Eva Cooper: Eva specializes in documentary birth and postpartum photos. Right now, these are the only photos she’s offering.
- Ashleigh Peterson: Ashleigh does maternity, family, and lifestyle shoots. She does not currently offer birth or boudior.
- Sadie Heaps: Sadie offers family, boudior, and maternity photos. She does not offer birth photography.
- Nicole Gains: Nicole offers beautiful lifestyle maternity and newborn photos, as well as being an incredibly experienced birth photographer.
- Kaitlyn McEntire: Kaitlyn is an experienced birth photographer. She also offers family, newborn, and maternity photos.
From belly-binding to babywearing education to my favorite postpartum doulas, these are my favorite postpartum resources for a healthy recovery. Are you looking for assistance with postpartum depression or anxiety? Scroll down to “Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Support”.
- *Babywearing group
- Belly Binding- with Hanan Webster
- Craniosacral Therapy with Janell Maxwell (helpful for you or baby!)
- Postpartum doula and gentle sleep consulting: Bountiful Doulas
Breastfeeding can be tough! In addition to taking a great class, I recommend working with professionals to assist you in reaching your goals. Here are a few of my favorite resources:
Bottle Feeding Support:
I do not know of any local groups specifically to support bottle feeding clients! I would love to know of any, so please share if you’ve found a local resource you love.
My favorite bottle feeding resources are:
- Mountain West Mothers’ Milk Bank
- *This post from the Kansas City Moms Blog
Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Support:
I believe in supporting new families through birth and beyond. As a survivor of postpartum depression and anxiety, I truly feel that parents need more support, especially when they have a new baby. Here are some local and online resources for postpartum support and information:
- Powerful Postpartum Support Group– online and in-person group based in Weber/Davis county
- *Postpartum Men– great information for new dads struggling with postpartum depression or anxiety
- *Postpartum Support International– online resources and a helpline
- Yarrow Therapy: specializing in perinatal mood and anxiety disorders
- Our annual Climb Out of the Darkness
Resources for Parents of Color
I am working to become a better ally and supporter. If I am missing something/someone you would like to see on this list, I would love feedback! I have a long way to go and I am committed to continue learning and growing.
- Sunlight Vida: Cándida Duran Taveras is a documentary birth photographer/videographer, a birth, postpartum, and abortion doula, and is fluent in English and Spanish.
- Sacred Sister Doula: Ashley Finley offers herbal supplements, birth support, and postpartum support.
- Comunidad Materna en Utah: A nonprofit organization focused on maternal health in the Latino community. They offer doula services, classes, and community events in both English and Spanish.
- Utah Black Birthworkers Collective
As a member of the queer community myself, it’s so important for me to make sure all families have great support. I am working hard to grow my own knowledge and awareness, and as I grow, this list will grow as well.
- *Birthing Beyond the Binary, an inclusive Facebook group to connect with birth workers and other parents.
- Davis County Pride
- Utah Pride Center
If I am missing any resources you would like to see, please let me know!